Income Protection from
In Case Of Injury or Illness
Critical Illness Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance can give you financial security and valuable support to help you cope during a challenging time.
Key Benefits of Critical Illness Insurance
Use your benefit to maintain financial stability, access cutting-edge medical services or to aid your recovery in some other way.
Get a world-renowned specialist from Best Doctors to review your medical records to confirm your diagnosis, no matter where you live.
The Healing Journey
Together, cancer, heart attack and stroke make up 89% of all Critical Illness claims. For financial protection against these common illnesses, choose our most affordable coverage.
Critical Illness Insurance provides a lump-sum benefit if you are diagnosed with any of the following Critical Illnesses or conditions and satisfy the survival period, as defined in the policy:
Loss of Limbs
Loss of Speech
Benign Brain Tumor
Early Breast Cancer
Early Prostate Cancer
Early Skin Cancer
Early-Stage Blood Cancer
Early Thyroid Cancer
Heart Valve Replacement
Loss of Independence
Major Organ Failure
Major Organ Transplant
Motor Neuron Disease
responses to questions
1. How does critical illness insurance work?
Critical Illness Insurance pays a lump-sum benefit that you can use any way you wish when you are diagnosed with a covered Critical Illness and satisfy the survival period, as defined in the policy.
In addition, our Critical Illness Insurance provides a range of additional benefits and assistance services to help you and your family find the best medical care, meet every day needs and cope with the stresses of a Critical Illness.
2. Who can apply for Critical Illness Insurance coverage?
• Are between 18 to 60 years old (for the Critical Illness Recovery Plan) or between 18 to 50 (for the Critical Illness Insurance Plan)
• Are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident/landed immigrant who has been in Canada for more than 12 months, and
• Have not been diagnosed with or treated for certain medical conditions
3. How long will I pay Critical Illness Insurance premiums and can they increase?
You will pay premiums until you reach age 65 or 75, depending on the policy you purchase. It is possible premiums could increase, depending on the type of policy you purchase.